Thursday, July 3, 2008

At Teacher Chong's home

I believe we are in Daejeon City, on the 16th floor of Teacher Chong's apartment. I say "believe" because we have been moving so fast that it is hard to keep track!

No Wi-FI access for my laptop yet, so I'm using Teacher Chong's computer in his office, which was my bedroom last night! Finally figured out how to change from Korean Script on the screen, to English (via AOL!) Wow- I feel like an infant here; unable to do the simplest things, (like bring food to my mouth with steel chopsticks), or even run a computer. Even the toilets are high tech!

Taught English classes at the Hongdo elementary school yesterday in Incheon. Sue Weber and I did 3rd Grade, and went through the ABC's- fortunately, SHE had flash cards!

Very small class- small school; but we're told they'll build several tall apartments there this year that will hold thousands of people each. We saw cranes and construction everywhere!

Teacher Chong and his wife Pokee's (sp?) apartment is very nice- very large, spacious, and with a wonderful view of the city and the surrounding mountains. She spent all of last night making breakfast for us for today- I'm sure it will have:
meat
noodles
egg
vegetables
kim chee on the side, several variaties
fruit
and more vegetables and noodles

But maybe not...

I teach about 80 5th grade students today, with the help of Tess and Christina, Pastor Kim's daughters.

I hope they know what they're doing!

I'll try to add some photos now, but I'm not promising anything. And if this typing shows up as Korean woodcuts, well, go eat your kimchee!

No comments: